Here are five pointers to help you develop the art of face-to-face networking...
- Remember, networking isn’t an event, it’s a process. You have the opportunity to meet people everywhere, every day. So be open and look for these opportunities.
- Pay attention to how you come across. Some considerations – smile, be well-groomed, and remember the importance of a good handshake.
- Prepare your self-introduction. What do you want people to know about you?
- Be interested in others. The more you ask about others, the smarter you appear to them in conversation.
- Follow up. Remember to progress from contact to connection. Keep in touch. Always look for ways to help your networking contacts.