Last week, I talked about creating my own personal “Stimulus Package.”
For this week’s blog, I’ve written about my business “stimulus” plans.
Here are just a few of the things we are doing to stay afloat, without help from the government stimulus package:
- Making calls to current clients to see how we can help. The “help” is often for free, and can involve consulting and coaching.
- Sending “flash” e-mails. The creative marketing messages that we send to current clients keep BRODY top of mind.
- Making better use of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking sites. Maximizing the use of these FREE accounts builds connections that may well lead to business.
- Speaking at industry events. I use my evaluation forms, where I ask for good contacts within participants’ companies, to mine new leads.
- Sending mailings to current clients that are considered advocates. Past efforts have included coupons on our BRODY BOOST Camp, bookmarks and First Aid kits.
- Sending gratis copies of my books to senior management within our targeted corporate market. Not only have I made some great executive-level connections, I have introduced my company’s products and services in a not overtly “salesy” way.
- Using our Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) certification. This is a great way to submit BRODY to corporations who have formal supplier diversity initiatives, and gain a foothold in new and emerging markets.
What are YOU doing to stimulate your business?
Feel free to share some best practices.